Senator Syvret: ‘I am not going to be oppressed’
SENATOR Stuart Syvret is claiming ‘legal asylum’ at the House of Commons, saying that he has no chance of a fair trial in the Island.In the latest twist in his prosecution, the Senator, whose arrest was ordered by the Magistrate’s Court on Friday after he failed to show up to a second court hearing in a week, is in London today.
He faces two Data Protection Law charges, as well as charges of driving without a licence and failing to notify the authorities of a change of address.
‘I am not going to be treated like an idiot by these people, and I am not going to be oppressed, and I am not going to take part in their charade of a Stalinistic show-trial running against me,’ said Senator Syvret.
‘I would happily come back to Jersey tomorrow if we did not have a manifestly corrupted, incompetent, ineffective and politicised judicial apparatus.’
Article posted on 26th October, 2009 - 3.00pm
Syvret claims asylum in UK